Friday 23 January 2015

Good Intentions

It seems that you can carry an idea around with you for ages and never find the right opportunity to take that first step to bringing that idea to life. I bet this is the case for so many others. How many fantastic ideas we must have floating around in our collective subconscious, never realised for fear, or lack of time, or countless other reasons.
To start a blog of my own, writing about food and health, was one such idea of mine. I've taken the first step. I've started it. Yes, I may be writing this still in my pyjamas in bed, and yes, using my new tablet (thanks Santa) is bridging the somewhat intimidating gap between scribbling thoughts down in a jotter and sitting at the computer ogling a blank screen. 

To quote my favourite film, Strictly Ballroom: 'A life lived in fear is a life half lived.' Never were truer words spoken, Mr Luhrman.

All I'm going to share today is a recommendation to order your organic veg from Grow Wild in Bathgate. 
Since returning from Spain, we've had a weekly delivery (3 in total) and it's a bit like a visit from the produce fairy. You never know what soily treats will be inside that box. (My apologies to Grow Wild for not doing your veg justice with these photos.)
Grow Wild: All grown in Scotland and seasonal..yum

So far we've received the most glorious bright orange carrots, parsnips, big old gnarly celeriac (cooked according to Jamie Oliver), potatoes,  beetroot,  kale, onions, purple sprouting broccoli,  cavolo nero, cabbages, mushrooms,  terrifyingly giant leeks and, my new favourite, swede. Didn't even save the swede for our bard's upcoming birthday this Sunday. Made it into a lovely cheesy swede mash. You can see it in the photo below, nestled against some of the aforementioned broccoli and cavolo nero and beef casserole. (I'm going to work on my food photography skills, I promise) 
Grow Wild UK veg box (featuring slipper)
Beef casserole,  greens and pureed swede with a cheesy crust

Thanks for reading. 
K

No comments:

Post a Comment